When talking about fitness and nutrition with most people, the biggest issue I here time and again is, “Ray, I don’t have time to workout or meal prep.” Hey I get it you are busy and you have 236 things on your daily to do list. Here’s an exercise I like to do with people to figure out where your time is going.
- There are 168 hours a week and everyone is playing with this same number to start.
- Lets assume you sleep 8 hours a night. So 56 hours of the week are gone right away. You are left with 112 hours.
- Lets assume you work 44 hours a week which is about average in America. Lets toss in 3 hours everyday for commuting and getting ready. So 59 hours a week for work stuff. You are left with 53 hours per week.
- Kids homework, cleaning, cooking at night, laundry, etc all the shit. Lets say 3 hours a day for a total of 21 hours a week. Some days its 30 minutes some days its 5 hours at a hockey tourney. You get the point….I hope. You are left with 32 hours a week.
- Figure out what the hell you are doing with those 32 hours a week.
- Meal Prep+Grocery shopping maybe takes 3 hours, 1 day a week. Go read my wife’s blog about it. Meal Prep 101 & Meal Planning You are left with 29 hours.
- In the beginning of your fitness journey, you really only need to exercise about 30 minutes a day every other day. So 2 hours total, lets assume you drive 15 minutes each way to the gym and need to shower after. So 8 hours a week. You are left with 21 hours each week
- You’re welcome for finding you 21 hours of time to watch Netflix.
If you still need help with not having time to exercise please reach out and I would love to help you create a time budget.